3 December 2020
13:00 – 16:00
Online Event – Zoom Live Event
Towards Industrial Symbiosis
Europe is trying to move towards a circular economy, and circular business models where high-quality resources are recovered and reused from process water, offer a solution. As an emerging market, reclaimed minerals are interesting for industries that want to reduce their costs and work more sustainably.
For this purpose, an online training session has been organised by Institute for Sustainable Process Technology on 3 December 2020 (13:00-16:00 CET). This training will be held for company personnel looking to build symbiotic brine relationships and circular business opportunities.
- 13:00 – 13:15 – Welcome and introductions
- 13:15 – 13:40 – Capacity building
- Circular economy
- Industrial symbiosis = circular economy?
- Guest speaker 1: G. Korevaar (TU Delft)
- Guest speaker 2: J.W. Mulder (Evides Industriewater)
- 13:40 – 14:00 – Zero Brine Project
- Project description
- Project results
- 14:00 – 14:10 – Online coffee break
- 14:10 – 15:10 – Online Brine Platform
- 15:10 – 15:25 – Online coffee break
- 15:25 – 15:45 – Invited companies symbiosis prospects
- 15:45 – 16:00 – Questionnaire and Wrap-up
For Companies interested in:
- Water scarcity
- Waste disposal and reuse
- Critical raw materials
Join us to discuss:
- Circular Economy
- Industrial symbiosis
- ZERO BRINE approach
- Online Brine Platform
The main tool used in both training sessions is the Online Brine Platform (OBP). The OBP is an active web service which aims to promote the flow of secondary raw materials by linking brine/salt owners with the mineral/water users and technology and waste heat providers. Thus, industries can be mapped and possible matches among the industries and across the value chain can be identified.